Dr. Phil Young
Assistant Clinical Professor
"Make sure that the job that you want is one that will enjoy doing."
- PhD in Statistics – Baylor University, 2009
- MS in Statistics – Baylor University, 2008
- BS – Baylor University, 2005
- Internship at the Food & Drug Administration, 2011
- Published in Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Sankhya: Series A, and the Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation
Which classes do you teach online?
QBA 5302 Statistics.
What do students learn in this class? What is the expected outcome?
Students will learn the terminology in statistics, the notation that is widely used and how to perform a wide variety of statistical tests.
What advice would you give to prospective online students?
Make sure that the job that you want is one that will enjoy doing.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in the business world?
In the business world, it’s important to work hard and know how to code using a software programming language such as STATA, R, or SAS.
When did you start teaching?
I started teaching in 2005.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
“How Not to Be Wrong: The Power of Mathematical Thinking” by Jordan Ellenberg
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know about you.
I got married this past summer!