Dr. Charles Stanley
Professor at Baylor University
"I expect to increase students' awareness of ethics in business and how they can work to make their companies ethical workplaces."
- PhD – Oklahoma State University
- MPA – University of Texas at Arlington
- MBA – University of Montana
- BA Math and English – UT Austin
- Served on the Professional Ethics Committee for the Texas Society of CPAs since 1990
- Served 4 years as chair of the committee
- Served in the Baylor Faculty Senate
- Chaired the admission committee
- Served on the Graduate Curriculum Committee for Baylor
- Worked as an auditor for Deloitte Touche before obtaining my PhD
Which classes do you teach online?
What do students learn in this class? What is the expected outcome?
I expect to increase students' awareness of ethics in business and how they can work to make their companies ethical workplaces.
What advice would you give to prospective online students?
Don't fall behind. It is very difficult to catch up.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in the business world?
Be technically proficient but more importantly have common sense in your business dealings.
What do you think is the biggest challenge that people in business face today?
Changes in technology and dealing with the enormous amount of data that the internet provides.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
"Grapes of Wrath" by John Steinbeck
Tell us something your students might not know about you:
I am a history buff and love to study ancient Rome. I also love the theater.